Web browsers start to slow down after more and more browsing sessions. Many people know about clearing out their history, but there are a couple of other things you can do – and if you are a web developer who uses the Apple Safari web browser for debugging, here’s a step for you too.
I actually got this tip from the Apple help forums – thanks to a poster called Dominic 23.
Firstly, you need to Reset Safari:
- Click Safari in the menu bar.
- From the drop down select “Reset Safari”.
- Uncheck the box next to ” Remove saved names and passwords”.
- Click “Reset”.
1. Safari > Preference > Advanced
Checkmark the box for “Show Develop menu in menu bar”.
Develop menu will appear in the Safari menu bar.
Click Develop and select “Empty Caches” from the dropdown.
2. Option click the “Go” menu in the Finder menu bar.
Select “Library” and then “Caches”.
Right click “com.apple.Safari” and select “Move to Trash”
Relaunch Safari.Software Apple, Safari